What are the differences between red and white wine? Although they are similarly good for you, they have a few notable differences and the most obvious one is their color. Aside from their color, white wine is made from white grapes sans the skin and seeds, while red wine is made from darker red and black grapes.
Moreover, white wine has a light, crisp, fruity flavor and aroma, on the other hand, red wine has a richer taste.
When it comes to health benefits, red wine contains more antioxidants than white wine which is why red wine is healthier. However, both contribute to the prevention of coronary artery diseases.
Red wine also contains more resveratrol which aids in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. But when we talk about calories, a glass of red wine has more at about 74 calories, whereas, white wine has approximately 70 calories.
Now, let us talk about the different types of wine. Yes, wine is kind of complicated as they have different tastes depending on which type of grapes they are made from.
There are many types of wines, so we listed the common ones below to guide you in your wine shopping.
- Wines made from these grapes are full-bodied with bold tannins. It has a higher alcohol and tannin content.
- This type of red wine is full-bodied and has an intense fruity flavor and middleweight tannins. Syrah is usually blended with Mourvèdre and Grenache to create the red Rhone blend.
- Chardonnay is a full-bodied, dry white wine which commonly comes from France. This wine tastes spicy and has bourbon-y notes when aged in oak, while, it tastes lighter with citrus and apple flavors when not.
- This wine has a tart flavor with herbal green fruit flavors. The type of grapes used to make this was first widely planted in France.
In case you will be getting the reds and whites mentioned above, the Haier Wine & Beverage Center is the perfect storage for them. Let us take a look at its details below.
- Size Dimension is 9W x 20.3D x 14.1H inches.
- Weighs 18 pounds
- Black case color
- Freestanding installation
- Thermoelectric cooling technology
- Six-bottle capacity
- LED electronic control display.
- Soft interior lighting
- Can store red and white wine
- Two pull-out chrome wavy wire wine racks
- Temperature range is from 46 – 66 degrees Fahrenheit
- Curved double pane insulated glass door with recessed handle
- Rear venting type
- Adjustable Leg Leveling System
- One storage compartment
- Single zone cooler
- One year parts and labor warranty
- It comes with a one year warranty
- It is compact, so it can fit on your kitchen’s countertop.
- The Haier Wine & Beverage Center is energy efficient.
- This wine cooler is CFC-free.
- It has an elegant design.
- It is easy to set up.
- There is no vertical storage for opened wine bottles.
- It can only hold standard-sized bottles.
- It only comes in one color.
The Haier Wine & Beverage Center is a compact wine cooler that can fit six standard bottles of wine. It has an elegant design which makes it a perfect addition to any kitchen design.
Since it uses the thermoelectric cooling technology, this wine cooler is energy efficient and environment-friendly. Moreover, this technology makes this wine cooler quiet and vibration-free to help preserve the flavor of red and white wines.
In addition, the temperature of this wine cooler is adjustable using the touchscreen control. The Haier Wine & Beverage Center also features a smoked glass door and an interior lighting so you can see your wine bottles without opening it.
However, this wine cooler must be placed inside the house where there is good temperature due to the fact that outside temperature can affect this wine cooler’s temperature control.
Westinghouse WWT060MB Thermal Electric 6 Bottle Wine Cellar
Like the Haier Wine & Beverage Center, the Westinghouse Thermal Electric Wine Cellar also comes in just one color which is black. The Westinghouse wine cooler can also house six wine bottles and store both red and white wines.
This wine cooler also has an interior lighting so you can easily view your wine bottles without actually opening the door. It also has a tinted glass door with a recessed door handle.
Similar to the Haier Wine & Beverage Center, the Westinghouse Thermal Electric Wine Cellar also has wine racks with a chrome finish. In addition, both of their temperatures are adjustable, from 46 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
This wine cooler also uses the thermoelectric cooling technology; therefore, it is also energy efficient, environmentally friendly, quiet, and vibration-free. Finally, both of the wine coolers have a nice sleek design.
The one and the only difference is the Haier Wine & Beverage Center has a LED electronic control display, while, the Westinghouse wine cooler has a mechanical thermostat control. Since that is their only difference, both of these wine coolers are a great addition to your home and will preserve your wine well.
So, choosing which wine cooler to purchase will solely depend on whether the consumer wants a digital or mechanical temperature control.
Drinking wine occasionally provides great health benefits so having your own wine cooler at home will give you the convenience to have a glass anytime. Whether you love red or white wine, the Haier Wine & Beverage Center will allow you to have a glass at the perfect temperature, every time.
Its compact design will allow you to place this wine cooler at the smallest of space. And with its elegant look, it will fit in the design of any stylish home.
Finally, this wine cooler has the thermoelectric technology in it; therefore, you can be sure that you are leaving a low carbon footprint. To sum it all up, we highly recommend the Haier Wine & Beverage Center for all the wine lovers because of its great features.