Wine, either red or white, often requires to be served while still in a particular temperature for its flavor to become fully realized and maintain its freshness. The best wine storage coolers around often can be set to the temperature that you want, especially if the wine that you are keeping are expensive and flavorful.
Red wines should ideally be stored and served between 62-68 degrees Fahrenheit, while white wines require a lower temperature at around 49-55 degrees Fahrenheit. The room temperature and current climate also come into play here as the air mixing with the wine as you swirl plays an important part in forming that flavor character. This is the reason why cellars are often underground and without air ventilation.
Wine storage coolers is a gift to wine lovers, especially since they do not need to build their wine cellar if they don’t plan to keep more than a dozen bottles at a time. This also means that they can place the wine storage cooler almost anywhere that is close to a convenience outlet, making it easier to get more bottles as needed.
The Best Wine Storage Coolers
Wine storage coolers are not a new thing although it was previously been available to wine connoisseurs only. Modern manufacturing facilities and state-of-the-art technology have brought us three of the best wine storage coolers on the market.
Ivation 18 Bottle Dual Zone Thermoelectric Red & White Wine Cooler or Chiller
- Multiple Temperature Zones
The Ivation Wine Cooler comes with two temperature zones that can be customized to your desired temperature. The upper zone can be set between 46-64 degrees Fahrenheit, while the lower zone can go to 54-64 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Minimal Light
The door of this wine storage cooler is made with smoked and tempered thermopane which ensures that the interior remains dark, and it also blocks out UV rays that can break down the components that make up the flavor that your wine has.
- Constant Humidity
This wine cooler is insulated with solid polyurethane heavy foam which keeps everything cold and fresh while maintaining constant humidity when the door is closed.
- Silent Operation
This countertop wine cellar is energy efficient as it uses a thermoelectric cooling system, which also lets this unit operate without any noise or vibration. Having no vibration means that the sediments inside the wine bottles are not disturbed, which in turn will mean that the flavor of aging will not be greatly affected.
- Sleek and Modern Design
The sleek and modern design of the Ivation Wine Cooler means that it can fit into any kitchen design. The touch control and LCD screen add to the modern charm that this portable wine cellar has.
- Holds temperature and keeps wine well, with the flavors intact and ideal for aging
- Efficient cooling system
- Negligible operating cost
- Operates very quietly
- Modern look
- Touchscreen controls make it a conversation piece
- Shelves, although it slides out for easier extraction, don’t have any means of stopping so it can be prone to accidents, especially if pulling out in a hurry
- Limited view of the interior due to its smoked glass door
- Unable to accommodate larger bottles of wine
Costway Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- Large Strorage Capacity
This wine cooler can fit in 18 bottles of wine at the same time, without having to worry which way to place your bottles in.
- Adjustable Shelves
Each unit of the Costway Wine Cooler comes with five shelves that can be adjusted to make way for larger bottles of wine. They can also be taken out for cleaning or for storing larger items.
- Touch Controls and LED Display
This modern-looking wine cooler has a bright LED display that allows you to control the temperature using touch controls.
- Unique Design
The Costway Winde Cooler comes with a recessed handle at the side which makes taking out wine easy, even when you’ve had quite a few glasses already.
- See-through Door
The glass door of this wine storage cooler is transparent enough to see the contents and labels on the bottle, but it is smoked enough to make it dark, and it also prevents UV rays from getting in.
- Interior LED Lighting
This storage cooler comes with a soft blue interior light that can be turned on when you want to show your cellar’s contents to guests or to highlight a bottle or two of your best wines. The interior lighting also lets you find your selection easily.
- Energy Efficient
The Costway wine storage cooler uses a thermoelectric cooling system which generates low noise and produces almost no vibration while in operation. This cooling system is also energy-efficient which means maintaining this wine cooler cost almost nothing.
- Soft blue interior lighting is great for helping you select the best bottle of wine in a romantic setting
- Compact and sized just right for personal needs, or even for a small group or party
- The design, as well as the blue interior light, make it an eye candy and an automatic conversation piece
- Temperature display and touch controls make it easy to maintain and store wine for a long period
- Has a noticeable hum but it’s not that disturbing, and you do get used to it
Allavino FlexCount VSWR56-2SSRN – 56 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator
- Large Holding Capacity
The Allavino wine cooler comes with five shelves that can hold up to nine bottles per shelf at a time, as well as a bottom shelf that can hold an additional 11 bottles of wine for a maximum holding potential of 56 bottles. This varies with the size of the bottles being placed inside, of course.
- Multiple Temperature Zones
This wine storage cooler comes with two temperature zones, one made specifically for red wines, and the other for white ones.
- New Shelf Design
The Allavino wine storage features the FlexCount shelving system which features metal shelves that can support the weight of several bottles without sagging. These shelves can be pulled out for easy extraction as well.
- Digital Control
Each of the temperature zones comes with its set of digital controls that have easy-to-push buttons and an LED screen.
- Efficient Cooling Technology
The advanced cooling system of the Allavino wine cooler is 25% more efficient than other cooling systems found in other wine cooler brands.
- Wooden slats keep the bottles from rolling and prevent vibration from shaking the sediments up
- Elegant and modern-looking design
- Temperatures between the two zones tend to fluctuate which can affect the aging process of the wine being stored
- Spacing fits specific bottle shape which means it would be hard to fit 56 bottles if you drink everything but the bottle designed it with
- Shelves can be pulled out but can’t be adjusted to fit larget bottles
- Produces a considerable amount of noise while running
The best wine cooler should be one that can maintain the temperature of its interior without compromising the taste of the wine and the design of the cooler itself. With this in mind, our top pick is the Costway Thermoelectric Wine Cooler.
The soft blue interior lighting either guides you to the right bottle, or it puts your best wine into the spotlight, especially since the see-through doors help with the presentation as well. The adjustable racks also add up to its winning points, as well as the touch controls and LED screen.
Wine storage coolers come in different sizes, with almost the same form, and each may have a different cooling system or a different set of features. The most important thing about this product line is that it helps keep the wine long enough for it to age at a minimal utility cost, as compared to actual wine cellars and large refrigerators.