Starting your own wine collection is not possible today without the best dual zone wine cooler because wine needs to be stored at the perfect temperature to preserve its flavor. Sure, you can build your own wine cellar, but that can be very costly. The more practical option, if you don’t have a lot of bottles to store, is to use a wine cooler.
When it comes to wine cooler options, there are tons on the market which makes choosing the right one overwhelming. However, you can start by selecting the quietest you can find.
You may also want to buy one that uses thermoelectric technology because that is more energy efficient. It is also important to consider where you will be putting the appliance because there are those designed for built-in applications, free-standing applications, and even those made to sit right on top of a kitchen counter or home bar.
With all those said, we have rounded up three wine coolers that may interest you in case you are considering to purchase one.
Koldfront TWR181ES 18 Bottle Dual Zone Freestanding Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
This wine cooler has two compartments with separate temperatures, so you can store both red and white wine bottles. The lower zone can hold 12 bottles and has a temperature ranging from 54 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit, while the upper zone has a six-bottle capacity and temperature range of 45 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit. In total, this product can store up to 18 bottles.
This wine cooler has a dimension of 26 1/4 (H) x 13 5/8 (W) x 19 3/8 (D) inches and has built-in electronic controls, a digital temperature screen, and four chrome racks. It also comes with an interior LED lighting, so you can easily see your wine bottles.
Additionally, one of the shelves can be removed if you will be storing 2.75 inches, 750-milliliter Bordeaux bottles, which is bigger than the standard size of wine.
This appliance uses thermoelectric technology for vibration-free and quiet cooling of beverages. What is better is that it has a built-in fan that helps distribute the temperature evenly.
- The sediments in the wine bottle won’t be disturbed because of the thermoelectric cooling technology.
- It can store a few number of wine bottles making it good for wine collectors.
- The racks slide out for easy access.
- The manufacturer provides customer service.
- You can also store water and soda bottles.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- The wine cooler has a sleek design and compact size.
- You need to remove some of the shelves to store bottles in an upright position.
- It does not comply with CEC standards in California.
- The temperatures in the two zones are not adjustable.
- It is designed as a freestanding wine cooler only.
- It only comes in one color.
- The door won’t close when you store longer wine bottles.
Kalamera 24” Wine Refrigerator
This freestanding dual zone wine cooler is capable of storing up to 46 bottles, and because of that, you will be able to store different kinds of wine in it. Its upper zone has a temperature of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit while the lower area has 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has five sliding shelves that are removable so that you can make room for bigger bottles such as champagne and Pinot.
This wine cooler also features a temperature memory so that when a power interruption happens, you wouldn’t need to set the temperature again. The Kalamera Wine Cooler has a low vibration to ensure that the sediments in your wine will not be disturbed. It has a built-in LED light and a glass door so that you can see your bottles. Finally, the door can also be locked, and it has a double pane to ensure that no UV rays will be able to reach your collection.
- This wine cooler has a stainless-steel design for a sophisticated look.
- It can store other beverages.
- The manufacturer provides customer service.
- You can see your wine collection without opening the door.
- Unnecessary opening of the door is not possible unless it is unlocked
- Vibration-free function
- It has a huge capacity, and it can store both standard and big bottles.
- Since it’s not a thermoelectric cooler, it does not need too much ventilation.
- Although this is a fairly quiet wine cooler, some users may still find it loud.
Wine Enthusiast 18 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler
The Wine Enthusiast Wine Cooler uses a thermoelectric cooling technology, so it is energy efficient. It has dual zones enabling you to store both red and white wine bottles in it. The upper zone has a temperature range of 54 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit, while the bottom zone’s temperature is from 46 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
The temperature can be adjusted using the digital screen, and this also displays the wine cooler’s temperature.
Its slim design is perfect for those who live in small spaces because it could practically fit anywhere. It also features pull-out chrome shelves so that you can remove some of them for you to be able to fit bigger wine bottles.
- You can store wine bottles in an upright position.
- Multiple shelves that can be pulled out
- This wine cooler is CFC-free and ETL-approved.
- It has built-in LED lighting.
- It has a space-saving design.
- The number of wine bottles it can store is pretty decent.
- It has an elegant design, so it will look nice wherever you put it.
- The sound it makes may be loud for some users.
- Its door is not reversible.
- It is a freestanding wine cooler, so you can’t store this in a cabinet.
- Since it uses thermoelectric technology, the maximum temperature it can reach is dependent on its outdoor environment.
Best Dual Zone Wine Cooler: The Final Verdict
The three wine coolers mentioned can all fit kitchen or home bars of all sizes. They can contain enough bottles that will suit any wine collector or drinker. The Koldfront and Wine Enthusiast are ideal for people who are more concerned about their carbon footprint. On the other hand, the one from Kalamera is recommended for people who want a wine cooler that can be installed in a cabinet.
Nonetheless, we consider the Kalamera as the best dual zone wine cooler because it can store 46 bottles of wine. The dual-pane door is also a huge plus because it can help protect the wine from UV rays. The only drawback we see is it can make loud noises sometimes; hence, if that will bother you, then opt for the two other products.